Pages

Monday 19 October 2015

In a pumpkin state of mind !!

I like everything about Halloween.. The spooky , scary , horror stuff .. And seeing kids dressed like witch and wizard .. from the costumes to the candies , Halloween is fun filled time.. Halloween is new to me (only after moving to UK and now Oz )  .. I only watch people celebrating it and enjoy..  For all those who celebrate it , have a safe and spooktacular Halloween !!

With Halloween mood setting in , there is pumpkins everywhere. Although,  I don't celebrate Halloween ( All Saints day !! ) , it would be unfair to turn blind eyes to those huge , round , orangey luscious pumpkin waiting to be tasted.. Firstly , me and my hubby are not big pumpkin fans.. So if I was gonna use them , it better be tasty ...

You all know what I like the most .. Yes , its coffee.. So trying pumpkin spiced coffee was the best idea !!! Spiced coffee sounded so interesting ..and pumpkin cupcakes for a budding cupcake fan ( my son :P )  I was all set to try it.. I always turn to Sally for recipes.. Like always , she has never failed in giving the best recipes ...  Please find the link below for the coffee ..

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2015/09/14/homemade-pumpkin-coffee-creamer/


Alright yes, I tweaked the coffee version a little to match my needs.. Firstly pumpkin pureeeeee ... I made my own .. I didn't buy the can. When I put the pumpkin in the oven , that's when I realised why so many people like it .. The smell was gorgeous .. much better than baking chocolate cake or bread.. It is like a crossing a road and smelling freshly ground coffee.. hmmmm .. Heavenly..  And then pumpkin spice .. I didn't get it in my super markets . So, I used all spice powder ( ground ginger, nutmeg & cinnamon ) . I used my milk frother instead of whipped cream.. Pour this creamer into your coffee ... Simple yet so good.. Smells great and is strong with coffee and spice flavours..

Reminds me of the fall season in UK ... Halloween always fall during the Fall ( Autumn season ) .. It matches the spooky mood.. with dried leaves all over, dark & windy evenings.. This coffee would have certainly matched the seasonal tone  and want for something warm and spicy :P .. Its spring here in Oz.. Nevertheless , this coffee is so damn delicious .. Worth it in any season ..  Who wouldn't want the house smell like heaven.. It happened again when I baked these cupcakes ... Cupcakes and coffee .. What a combination !!! 




My palate is definitely becoming gourmet ... If you are like me , willing to try different things .. go for this pumpkin spiced coffee at your café.. You will positively crave for it :-) ..



 

No comments:

Post a Comment