Pages

Monday 22 February 2016

A stroll down memory lane !!!

I recently took a stroll down the memory lane with so much awe at how my subconscious mind has recorded every little detail that happened in the past.. The library !!! yes ..that's what I am talking about. My mum used to take me to the Central library ( a huge and an old one ) in Madurai when I was as young as 8 years.. My mum was/is a voracious reader of Tamil novels.. I used to just accompany her on this little trip to the library that was filled with racks and racks of books of all sorts. My mum even encouraged me to read at that time and I was least bit interested. It was years later that I started reading but that may be because I was exposed to them at much younger age.. I recently visited the library and remembered glimpses of the Central library.. Hmmm my subconscious has recorded that piece of info ( Kudos to my memory !! )  and I can certainly link how it has lead me into the world of books .. Fascinating !!!












I keep cackling about books but trust me , there are loads of people who love books and are such readers that you cant compete.. I recently registered on Goodreads website ( too late ... better late than never :P ) . I saw some reading challenges like 100 books a year .. I am not a slow reader yet I don't think I can do 100 a year ( I started thinking of all excuses I can give :P ) .. It was like a slap on my face to wake up from my slumber .. What was I thinking !! I thought I read lots of books, then what would I call these bibliophiles .. I was thinking of more like 12 books a year ( silly me .. ) .. Now my target is 20 books this year ( hasn't increased much but let me be realistic ) .. I shall try and review all of them here .. Now you see why I visited the library ..











As I was browsing for books in the library, I stumbled upon this little surprise .. A blind date with a book... What an idea !! I quickly grabbed on to it .. I haven't been on any blind date before .. so the idea was thrilling .. I came home and opened the cover and it was a book of author Honey Brown.. Will tell you how the date went .. hahah..  Apart from my library nostalgia and my blind date adventure ,  I have one more event to talk about.. I recently made friends with mum of another kid who goes to school with my son. I had coffee with her Friday morning .. Ya,  I hear you mocking at me as to what is special about it.. It was nothing special or out of ordinary but...  Having coffee with somebody other than my hubby has become such a rarity these days that I simply am so PLEASED with it...  ( I know, I am sounding so desperate :P )..  I seriously do treasure such moments and thanks to god for sending a friend ... and just because I got one companion ( just for a day .. ) I wouldn't ofcourse stop blogging .. heheh







Lastly, I saw this trailer of movie Ki and Ka by director R Balki .. I thoroughly enjoyed it ( intrigued actually ) .. It has a very quirky storyline afresh pairing and hmmm ..cant wait to watch the movie.. yayy.. something to look forward to..  Catch you soon with more book reviews and coffee musings .. Until then take care all ..Bye



No comments:

Post a Comment