Pages

Thursday 21 January 2016

Lost in the Austen world ...

I am more than a month late for this post.. It was due on the 16th of December.. It was Jane Austen's birthday.. One of my all time favourite novelist.. Anybody who loves reading English classics or romantic fiction would never miss her novel.. Better late than never and there is no set time to celebrate her , specially because I absolutely adore her.. I read somewhere, Jane Austen would  have easily been the Aunty Acid of her era.. hahaha... isn't that so true because of her wonderfully witty one liners.. In fact , only after reading that I was inspired to do this post..



 
 
 
 
Pride and prejudice is my most favourite of hers ( who wouldn't like it yaar? ) .. Haven't we all fancied Darcy and his Pemberly estate ? I certainly did :P ..to the extent that I even have thought about decorating the sprawling English Manor houses.. Wealthy, emotionally stunted snob became ideal men ...Well, who can forget the rain soaked Darcy's proposal dialogue :P



Reading Jane Austen's is like living in a fantasy world in which everyone is polite and everything always ends well .. Her female lead characters are so crazy in a beautiful way that you instantly relate to them. Her novels are my first introductions to romantic novels .. Very posh and elegant..

This post made me feel nostalgic.. Alright, gonna grab a cup of coffee, some snacks and put my feet up to read Pride and Prejudice ... Thanks to Jane Austen for all the unending , dreamy and relaxed evenings that she created in my life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment