Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

My Books to read list 2016 :-)

Books have always been my coffee companion. Sometimes it might be because the story or the content of the book was compelling or sometimes I had no choice but to read :P .. Ya, those are times when you have no friends around or no true listener .. Whatever may the case, books are lovely to be with..
 
I did not read enough books last year although my lovely understanding son did gimme some spare time.. I used all that time to watch movies .. I watched tonnes of movies ( good and bad ) with my movie buff husband.. I don't regret a minute of that lovely time spent watching stuff :D
 
Hence, I decide to read more this year .. A list always helps me .. I have a list for everything :P .. Here goes my list of books that I wish to read for 2016. The list is not complete and it doesn't mean that's what I am gonna read and nothing else .. It means these are what I intend to read along with a few other books that come my way..I shall definitely blog reviews of all the books I read. 

I was here by Gayle Foreman - After reading 2 of this American writer's book last year, I wouldn't mind reading another.
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella - She is my favourite chic lit author. This British author has made me smile her books.
Memory Man by David Baldacci - Oh, this man has always one of the most important fiction hero. haha..I have not read his books for about 3 years now.. Time to start again :-)
See Me by Nicholas  Sparks - He was the one who taught me romance :P .. His novels have been full of love and passion. There is always time to read a good love story.
Yes Please - Amy Poehler - I started reading it after knowing Amy is the voice of Joy in Inside Out. Will soon let you know how it is .
God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson - I am not a fan of war movies / books . But this one is classed as one of 2015's best books. Hence will attempt it.
Sevennes by Neal Stephenson ..This is also told as one of the best of 2015.. Let me try to squeeze this in.
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt is a Pulitzer prize winner.
 
I am a sucker for self help books. Essentialism by Greg McKeown, etter than before by Gretchin Rubin and It was me all along by Andie Mitchell are in my list.

There are a few blogs that held my interest last year and I absolutely loved them . I will continue to follow them this year.
 
Andie Mitchell's  blog turned site http://www.andiemitchell.com/
Gina Homolks 's Skinny taste http://www.skinnytaste.com/
Parita's My Inner Shakthi http://www.myinnershakti.com/
Ali's gimme some oven after trying one of her succulent chicken recipe  http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/ 
Jenny's Urban poser for gluten free living http://theurbanposer.com/

I might be over ambitious in the list. Hope I atleast read half of what is on it.. I shall keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment