Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

New Year , New Things ...

Happy 2016 !!! With the new year comes new things and new ways of being, at least for me. I love starting afresh, new vision board, new journal, new goals. Everywhere you hear about resolutions and goals for 2016 ... I kinda like the idea of new year resolution as I strongly believe there is always room for improvement and achievement.. Isn't that true ?

 Last year had been a rude awakening in terms of health for me .. So the first thing I did this year is include exercise into my daily routine :-) .. Last year I concentrated so much on weightloss. I think I have managed to come in terms with it now.. ( not completely happy but yeah ok ... :P ) . This year I have shifted my focus from weightloss to healthy living. It is more like a change in life style rather than just dieting to reduce set number of kilos.. I will post more about this in future if it works for me :P

Resolutions are usually make-believe aspirations to be someone better than myself . Looking deeply within , I think I have loads to improve. Resolutions are just simple ways for me to focus on what needs to be improved :P ..oh ok ok .. Let me stop the gyan. am sure you will start feeling like your reading your newspaper article on resolutions :P


 


The above quote was by John C. Maxwell and he is so right.. When you really want to change something or achieve something , add it to your daily routine.. Works like a charm :-) . Some of the important learnings I want to do this year is car driving and swimming.. I swim but I am a pathetic swimmer. Those two are going to be the major focus this year .. Here we go, I said it .. I said it to you all and hence I have to achieve it ;-)

One other important resolution of mine this year is to reduce my social media time. Often at home we catch ourselves browsing Facebook or other social media sites simply out of boredom. Meanwhile, personal interactions, home chores, and other tasks are ignored as we succumb to endless news feeds. It could be informative and helpful at the same time be more of a distraction. So my resolution this year is to reduce my time on social media sites.. As a first step , I have removed twitter and facebook app on my smart phone.. Trust me , it has halved the time that I spend on them.. I am growing closer to my goal .. hahaha ( so soon ..)

I have a lot of small things that need to changed , need to be achieved .. all falling under constant improvement category ( like reading more books .. )  and needs to reviewed every now and then .. A planner would certainly help.. I don't like the usual ones with just month , dates, appointments .. I like it to have space to scribble down anything.. I usually turn a plain fancy decorated notebook into my diary.. Do you guys have any ideas of planners ? Have you found any good ones which are not pricey ? Please let me know .. I love them ..

Have fun choosing your goals and resolutions this year.. All the best to you all to achieve each and every one of them.. Are your goals similar to that of mine ?

No comments:

Post a Comment