Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Become a Connoisseur of Daily Life !!!

At home with Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott is a book that I picked some time ago. The title intrigued me . I was at home all the time and I was dejected at the thought of not going to work and staying at home doing mundane tasks every single day. That was the time I came across this book which said become a connoisseur of daily life. Exactly what I needed I think :-)



I should warn you that this book doesn't apply much to working women or women with grown up kids (to a certain extent) and suits best only for stay at home young mums. The author Mrs.Scott gives insights of her life and how she handles and organises life which she learnt when she was a college student living with a " chic " French family in Paris.

Well I am not gonna discuss what the book tells and stuff. It is a lifestyle book and gives tips for a better living ( nothing new ) . What it does more is tells us what Mrs.Scott does in her day to day life. What music she listens to, how she does her dinner table , her ten item wardrobe etc. Sometimes it makes you feel that there is a constant to do list and activities . It misses to appreciate the "flaneur " part of French life .

All this said , you cant ignore the good things said in the book. I love this book and it goes straight into my beach bag to read and reread. I shall savour this book and try and apply as much as possible.
The book has helped me make attitude adjustment and reminds me everyday can be extraordinary.

I wanted to share what I enjoyed and took away from this book . Fall in love with your home again. When you love your home , you start appreciating the little things in it. Clutter is so not chic. Learn to declutter and enjoy the process which is very important. Else it is gonna be difficult to remain so. Your home is an art exhibit and you are the curator.

Dressing well everyday. This got me thinking. I am one of those who wears pyjamas all day unless going out . My most days are inside the house ( blame the winter :P ) and in sweatpants . The book just changed my thinking about it.  Dressing up every single day has definitely added a spring in my step. So come on girls, dress up today even if you are not going out. It makes such a shift in attitude and sometimes in your spouses too :P . Bringing such small changes ( inspired by book ) helped me a lot in uplifting my moods :-)

Overall my girlie friends, start enjoying your home and life in style !!! In your own style,  in a chic way.. Become a connoisseur of daily life and this book just helps you with attitude change and shows you some of Jeniffer Scotts way. If you want a glimpse of her and the books please read her blog.
http://dailyconnoisseur.blogspot.com.au/ . You might enjoy it and find your own style :-)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment