Pages

Sunday 9 August 2015

Less is Lots !!!!

With all the important changes in life and lifestyle ( yes , I am talking about marriage !!! ) came the need for the minimalistic living. My husband Mr. S was in UK for an undefined period of time . I joined him in UK not knowing how long we were gonna stay there.. It could be three months or even be a year or more .. All the uncertainties called for a minimalist living. Have less stuff to carry back to India or have less stuff to throw away or have less stuff to clean up and tidy them .. ( I am sure all Indian IT guys and their wives who live abroad would agree to this ) .

My hubby constantly reminds me of the need to buy less stuff and buy only necessities. Sometimes even if there was a need , living space wouldn't allow it. By reducing physical possessions, we can have a cleaner , more manageable living or working space.



Honestly speaking, I respect and relate to minimalist who favour throwing away all the junk stuff but not getting rid of things of value / quality or priced possessions. I love minimalism when it comes to travel, books , decoration articles, kitchen utensils etc .I am slowly trying to apply it on clothes too..

 I am not here to say go minimalistic and get rid of your stuff . I am not here to make people who have attachment to things feel guilty.

Sometimes, objects and stuffs are the way I relate to the world and experience the goodness of the world. For eg : a smart TV with all the modern technology gives me a wonderful experience.. I love my Kindle or my smart handmixer or my chopper. These are little things I enjoy life with.

I feel very happy with FEW nice things around me instead of a whole bunch of stuff that makes me feel overwhelmed. A few quality and pretty little things make me very happy and comfortable .. Less is lots to me but I still like having stuff. I just make a conscious effort on choosing what stuff I want. I love stuff and yet would love to keep them minimum because I value my stuff and those little stuffs make my life incredible !!!

 Feel free to share your ideas on this . You can comment on the stuff you love or how you have been leading your minimalist lifestyle...

No comments:

Post a Comment