Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Twenties Girl

 
Sophie Kinsella is no doubt called the queen of romantic comedy, coz the Twenties Girl was such an enjoyable read. I can easily give it 4 stars ****

Sophie Kinsella is a best selling author of very famous Shopaholic series. As I am not much of a shopper , I decided I will first read one of her standalone series .I randomly selected " TWENTIES GIRL" . A little bit of romance and comedy in my rather monotonous life would go a long way I thought. So started reading it.

The book was absolutely funny, enjoyable, witty and romantic. I never thought a ghost story can be so funny. Kudos to the writer to have managed to write a funny ghost story. I would like to meet a ghost like Sadie. Sadie Lancaster the ghost aunty of Lara the main character is full of energy and adventure. Although she initially appears to be obnoxious but I think that is to get things done by Lara. You will certainly love the way Sadie brings in love into Lara's life. The author's way of writing was so natural that I almost felt like I was watching it live rather than reading.

Alright guys, there are no spoilers in this post, you can continue reading. I wouldn't like spoilers and hence not gonna do it for others too :-) The book starts with lying to parents for their own good. That immediately brought a smile to my face. From that very sentence I read the whole book with a smile plastered on my face.

The story has lots of circumstances to built that bond between the ghost aunt Sadie and Lara. The male lead character Ed is very impressive. If this book is to be made into a movie, I can imagine somebody like Pierce Brosnan or Richard Gere to play this part. Hahaha.. So see how easy it is to imagine the whole story :P And that description of Charleston music and the dance made me so curious. I immediately googled it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUpAcPAipDA

I quite enjoyed it .It made me become so involved in the book. I didn't know anything about the twenties dance and dress but now I do . Such is the description by the writer. Altogether it was a lovely treat to read.

Disclaimer : I am not an avid reader people :-) I like to read for fun, relaxation and escape.I like characters that are relatable and entertaining. I like to read chick lits :D .... Reading chick lit makes me laugh and that is all I require, light hearted stuff. You might find my stuff silly and sissy ( like my husband Mr.S would call it ) but that's what I enjoy the most. I also read classics , contemporary literature, adventure , science fiction etc but not much into it :P

So, you can expect my next review on Paper Towns by John Green or Book Thief by Australian ( I now stay in Australia, so should read :P ) author Markus Zusak.. I haven't made up my mind yet....It you have read this novel, feel free to share your comments. You can also suggest some good ones for me .. Meet you all soon. Bye.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment